DUMARIA - Villagers of Dumaria in Bihar have complained of harassment from both the police and Maoists operating in the region.
MADHUBANI DISTRICT - Don't be surprised if you get a greeting of Good morning rather than Namaste from pupils in Bihar's essentially rural Madhubani District these days.
CHAPRA - Five hardcore Maoists, including their self-styled commander, have been arrested at Chapra in Saran district of Bihar.
BARORAH - Women in Barorah village, one of the Maoist-affected areas of Bihar have formed cooperatives to earn their livelihood.
PATNA, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- As India takes up the renewed effort to eradicate the disease of polio from the nation, the state of Bihar would not be far behind as it initiated a five-day Pulse Polio Programme on Sunday to vaccinate the children below the age of five in the state.
- Development initiatives begin in Maoist-affected Bihar’s village
- Police arrest six Maoists in Gaya
- South Korean cyclist on peace mission reaches Bodhgaya
- Protesting students set ablaze college building in Gaya
- Mahatma Gandhi bridge in Bihar awaits renovation
- Bihar Police arrests four Maoists in Banka district
- Maoists blow up railway track in Bihar’s Begusarai District
- Pind Daan venue, River Falgu in Gaya polluted
- Buddhist monks offer prayers for world peace on Tripitaka festival
- Will there be another Kosi disaster?
- Bihar Police recovers landmine in Gaya
- Maoists engineer blast in Gaya, two killed
- Non-Congress Governments responsible for Bihar’s backwardness: Sonia Gandhi
- Stage collapses at Lalu Yadav’s rally in Sasaram, kills child
- Two Maoists arrested in Gaya
- Security tightened along border areas of Bihar, Jharkhand to curtail Maoist menace
- Thailand’s prince visits Bodhgaya temple in Bihar
- Police foil Maoist bid to blow up Aurangabad District school
- Vaishali residents boycott polls over poor development angst
- Villagers want police protection in Maoist affected Bihar
- Third phase of Bihar Assembly polls begins amid tight security
- Maoists in Bihar ideologically weak: Sharad Yadav
- Boycott Bihar Assembly polls threaten Maoists
- Rahul Gandhi advocates upliftment of poor in Bihar
- Gun battle breaks out between Maoists and Bihar police in Chapra
- Maoists hideout busted in Gaya
- Rahul Gandhi tells Nitish Kumar to stop ‘flaunting’ development
- Buddhist monks demand renewable energy in Bodhgaya
- Arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Bihar
- Central assistance to Bihar not a special favour: Advani
- Communal clash erupts over a Gaya religious procession
- Sonia Gandhi calls Nitish Kumar an opportunist
- Ten killed, several injured in Bihar temple stampede
- Maoist threats loom large ahead of Bihar Assembly polls
- Nine killed as Guwahati-Delhi Rajdhani Express hits tempo at Katihar in Bihar