Monday, August 31, 2015
- Breaking News
- Odd News
National School of Drama to get regional centresNEW DELHI - Union Minister of Culture Kumari Selja Tuesday said her ministry was working on a proposal to set up five new regional centres of the prestigious National School of Drama (NSD) at Bengaluru and Kolkata and in Maharashtra/Goa, Jammu and Kashmir and the northeast.
CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to Tihar Jail till Mar. 15NEW DELHI - A Delhi court on Tuesday sent former Commonwealth Games (CWG) Organising Committee (OC) Chairman Suresh Kalmadi's key aides Lalit Bhanot and V.K.
Zardari says PPP will play democratic role in Pak PunjabLAHORE - Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said that the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) will continue to play democratic role in Punjab.
PPP will expose Shahbaz’s drama of good governance: Raja RiazLAHORE - Raja Riaz, the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leader in Punjab has claimed that his party has "documentary proof" of the so-called "good governance" of Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and will bring facts before the people.
- IAF inducts second SU-30 squadron in northeast
- One million PLEBS in UK are confused by modern everyday tasks
- No early resolution of Sir Creek dispute: Navy chief
- China mulls delaying women’s retirement age
- Famous Los Angeles Getty Museum exhibiting Ganesha and Vishnu
- Brit couple find image of E.T. ingrained on chopped tree trunk
- Sibal to launch program initiated by Australia-India Institute, Indian NGOs
- New “Harbor Shield” technology being developed to protect US ports from terror attacks
- UNHRC poised to adopt report praising Libya’s Human Rights records
- India releases 20 Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post
- MQM calls on Pak Army to save country from clutches of ‘feudal lords’
KOLKATA, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- Today is the second day of the Valentine's week, which is better knows as the Propose Day.
SAN FRANCISCO (GaeaTimes.com)- The Valentine's week kick started from today, and so did the new romance that are yet to blossom.
NEW DELHI, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- The Tehelka Magazine, revealed the names of 15 individuals, including three trusts, who "had stashed black money" in LGT Bank in Liechtenstein, to evade taxes.
VEGREVILLE, CANADA (GaeaTimes.com) -- A baby girl who lost both her parents in a Christmas Eve car crash has been released from hospital.
LABARRE (GaeaTimes.com)- After Arkansas, it was time for the poor birds of Louisiana, to follow the same fate.
India allows Pakistani team access to 26/11 witnessesNEW DELHI - India has agreed in principle to allow an investigating team from Pakistan to question Mumbai witnesses of the 2008 terror attack, Home Minister P.
Chhattisgarh spends Rs.1,200 crore on roads in Maoist areasRAIPUR - Chhattisgarh, one of the worst Leftist insurgency-hit states of India, has spent a whopping Rs.1,223 crore for creating a road network since 2003-04 in areas hit by Maoist militancy, a senior minister told the state assembly Tuesday.
Taliban kill four alleged spies in PakistanISLAMABAD - The bodies of four men apparently killed by the Taliban for working as informers for the US, were found Tuesday in Pakistan's lawless tribal zone, officials said.
Maoists blow up mobile tower in BiharPATNA - Maoists blew up a mobile tower of a private telecom operator in Bihar's Jamui district early Tuesday as they enforced a two-day strike in the eastern part of the state to protest the killing of six guerrillas in a gunfight, police said.
- US says no to Pakistan proposal for swapping Davis
- Bank using profits to fund militants: Dhaka minister
- Engineer injured in Srinagar blast dies
- One killed, four injured in Kashmir
- Two cops, official injured in Kashmir attack
- Rebel bomber held in Meghalaya
- Blasts kill eight in Afghanistan
- Man blows himself up outside Moscow shopping centre
- CBI team visits Netai to investigate Jan 7 killings
- Iraq’s largest oil refinery shuts down after attack
- Pakistani court adjourns hearing of Mumbai terror-attack case
Raja to depose from jail via video-conferencing (Second Lead)NEW DELHI - Former communications minister A.
Raja to depose from jail via videoNEW DELHI - Former communications minister A.
NALCO official’s wife sent to 14 days’ judicial custodyNEW DELHI - A Delhi court Tuesday sent Chandni Srivastava, wife of a top National Aluminium Company Ltd (NALCO) official, and another accused in a corruption case to 14 days' judicial custody.
20 injured as lawyers, officials clashALLAHABAD - At least 20 people, including policemen, were injured here Tuesday when lawyers and district officials clashed and then fought pitched battles with police.
- Noose for 11, life for 20 in Godhra train burning (Third Lead)
- Saudi princess in sexual harassment row allowed to hide identity
- Raja to take part in court proceedings through video conferencing from Tihar
- India warns Somali pirates not to harm captives
- Geelani stopped from boarding flight to Srinagar
- CWG scam: Bhanot, Verma sent to 14 days’ judicial custody
- Sri Lanka air force jets crash during air show rehearsal
- Woman, child crushed under reversing bus
- Four children injured in Patna explosion
- Geelani stopped at Delhi airport
- Godhra train burning: death for 11, life for 20 (Second Lead)
Bugatti Veyron Driver Goes Crazy
BERLIN, GERMANY (GaeaTimes.com)- Owning a powerful Sport sedan or SUV is something and getting the chance to drive the car at its maximum speed are two different things.
2,400-year-old ’soup’ Discovered by Chinese Archaeologists near Xian
SHAANXI, CHINA (GaeaTimes.com) -- According to State Media reports, Chinese archaeologists have discovered what they believe is a 2,400 year old pot of 'soup' within a sealed bronze cooking vessel.
State not informed on clean chit to Karmapa: DhumalSHIMLA - Even as the central government is believed to have given a clean chit to Tibetan religious leader Karmapa on the recovery of unaccounted currency from his monastery, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal Tuesday said the state was not informed in this regard.
Temples shut down to protest pollution in YamunaGOKUL - In an unprecedented display of solidarity with the movement launched by the ascetics and Sri Krishna devotees of the Braj Mandal, temples here were shut down for two hours to protest the pollution in the river Yamuna.
CBSE board exams on; physics paper disappoints studentsNEW DELHI - The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) examinations started Tuesday on a disappointing note to many, with several class-12 students complaining that the physics paper was too lengthy to finish in three hours.
Sibal calls for attention on adolescentsNEW DELHI - Adolescents in the country need immediate attention in terms of their educational needs, Human Resource Development Minster Kapil Sibal said here Tuesday.
Top 10 Vacation Destinations for Christmas
KOLKATA, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com) -- With the chilly weather creeping our body, Its already time for the Christmas season to arrive with its abundant joy and excitement.