CONNECTICUT - A recent article in The Economist (https://econ.st/hB706a) concluded that a PhD was a waste of time for most and that students would discover that "that they would be better off doing something else." The article argued that there were too many newly minted PhDs competing mostly for poor jobs that offered very little return on their investment of time and money.
CONNECTICUT - A famously cool President Barack Obama lost his temper in Connecticut Saturday after hecklers interrupted his speech at a rally.
BRANFORD, Conn. - The FBI says a tractor-trailer that agents and police officers had surrounded at a travel stop on Interstate 95 in Connecticut is carrying no explosives.
BRANFORD, Conn. - A town official in Connecticut says police and FBI agents have surrounded a tractor-trailer possibly carrying explosives at a travel stop on Interstate 95.
BRANFORD, Conn. - A town official in Connecticut says police and FBI agents have surrounded a tractor-trailer possibly carrying explosives.
- AP names Melia as Hartford, Conn., correspondent
- Could Conn. home-invasion killer escape execution?
- Unemployment rates in Northeastern metro areas
- APNewsBreak: Skakel says attorney was incompetent
- Jill Johnston, lesbian-feminist writer, dies at 81
- Cruise line amends settlement with Conn. family
- Advocates want Craigslist to drop adult services
- Craigslist removes adult services section
- Legendary Yale club reopens after $3.5M renovation
- Cops: Conn. man coached boy, 8, to swear on video
- Conn. man in furnace ordeal gets prosthetic arm
- State AGs: Craigslist should drop adult services
- Amtrak service restored in Connecticut
- Amtrak service suspended in part of busy Northeast
- First Niagara to buy NewAlliance for $1.15B
- Transcript of 911 call from Conn. shooter
- Conn. casino bartenders, others vote to unionize
- Attack sub Missouri commissioned in Connecticut
- Conn. oyster industry could benefit from Gulf woes
- Yale discovers Velazquez painting in its holdings
- On the Call: GE CEO Jeff Immelt
- Conn. AG wants teachers board to explain lost data
- Conn. land dug up for items from tribe-settler war
- Former congressman Emilio Daddario of Conn., dies
- Towns grapple with tidying forsaken cemeteries
- 9-year-old Conn. girl gets stuck inside chimney
- Prescott Bush, brother, uncle to presidents, dies
- Police: Teen dies in fall from tower in Conn. park
- LaHood irked over air passengers stranded in Conn.
- Report: Passengers kept on jet for hours in Conn.
- Pitney Bowes promotes 2 executives
- Man who tried self-amputation thought of MacGyver
- Conn. man: Cutting off arm was surreal experience
- Website set up to help Conn. man who lost arm
- Trapped Conn. man who lost arm getting new furnace