CHABUA - The Indian Air Force Tuesday inducted a second squadron of its frontline Sukhoi-SU30 combat jets in the northeast as part of a strategic deployment of advanced assets close to the Chinese border, an officer said.
GUWAHATI - At a time when the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA)'s Central Committee is making an effort to return to the mainstream, new videos released by commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah has created confusion over peace talks.
GUWAHATI, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- As the country gears up to celebrate the Republic Day on January 26, the north-eastern part of India is shrouded in veil of security in the wake of increasing threats from the separatists groups to boycott the day.
GOLAGHAT/NAGAON - Assam's Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary is seeing a huge influx of tourists, domestic as well as foreign, suggesting that the militant threat in the area is on the wane.
GUWAHATI - This year's Bhogali Bihu festival has become more special than previous ones, owing to the fact that there is a possibility of the Central Government holding talks with the rebel United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) leadership sooner than later.
- Tourists flock to Kaziranga National Park
- Govt. to set up joint control rooms in violence-hit northeastern states
- ULFA chief Rajkhowa receives warm welcome in Sivasagar
- Domesticated cattle grazing in sanctuary pose threat to rhinos in Assam
- Jorhat becomes popular investment destination for multinationals
- Theatre festival to promote environmental concerns in Assam
- Karbi Anglong’s Ronthean Festival promoting a unique Assamese lifestyle
- Assam NGO organizes daylong jobs fair for disabled
- Pushpanjali Dutta blends Assam’s traditional, contemporary designs
- Assam’s Unified Command reworking strategy to counter NDFB militants
- Assam host second tea festival in Jorhat District
- Security tight in Assam to check militant attacks
- BJP slams construction of big dams in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
- Assam Governor Patnaik appeals against practice of trapping birds in Jatinga
- Assam’s Cheniamguri village youngsters banish militancy through self-employment
- Assam’s Samuapara village benefits from development projects
- Education, infrastructure as important as Ayodhya verdict: Rahul Gandhi
- Aged 120, living on boiled food, rice beer - and loving it!
- Students in Dima Hasao seek a new image for their region with music
- Two militants arrested in Assam
- Officials meet to resolve Assam, Arunachal Pradesh border row
- Assamese craftsman carves out bamboo made cutlery
- A dargah, a Hindu caretaker and hundreds of believers (Feature with image)
- Tension prevails at northeast border after suspected NSCN-K activists demolish police outpost
- Jorhat village Paphar Syman ensures peace and progress
- Jackfruit that are pieces of India’s living history (Feature with image)
- Four CRPF personnel killed, 36 injured in Assam blast
- Students union in Assam protests influx of Bangladeshi immigrants
- Assam’s Jokai, Khanikar villages cherish a transformed life with peace
- Four students killed in Assam police firing
- ULFA steps up extortion demands to create terror among Assamese
- All Assam Student’s Union protest over price hike
- 48 years after death, soldier’s remains sent home
- Guwahati residents face monsoon hazards
- Majuli Residents Battle Erosion