NAIROBI, AFRICA (GaeaTimes.com)- Legendary tennis player Martina Navratilova's attempt to climb the tallest mountain in Africa namely Mount Kilimanjaro turned out to be partially successful as she had to quit the ride midway owing to health problems.
NAIROBI - The Peking Opera, Chinese acupuncture, French gastronomy and Columbian marimba music Tuesday came to be known as "intangible cultural heritage".
NAIROBI, Kenya - Somalia's most powerful militant group is teetering on the brink of a major split because of a rift between its top two leaders, a feud that could erode the size and strength of the al-Qaida-aligned group.
NAIROBI, Kenya - The international community must engage more with the authoritarian government of Eritrea to prevent the tiny Red Sea nation from becoming another failed state in the Horn of Africa, said a new report by the International Crisis Group.
NAIROBI, Kenya - A new report says poor countries are teetering on the brink of an education crisis after $4.6 billion has been cut from education budgets worldwide.
- African peacekeepers open 9 more bases in Somalia
- Mortar hits Somalia pres. palace, kills 4 Ugandans
- Kenya seizes 2 tons of ivory destined for Asia
- Rains help Somalia, but 2 million still need food
- Somalia's once stable Puntland hit by insurgency
- Ugandan rebels said to kill 255 in central Africa
- Kenyan leaders appeal for peace ahead of vote
- Somali group warns more troops will be annihilated
- Survey: Burundi most corrupt East African country
- Somali clerics work to denounce radical al-Shabab
- Eritrea urges no more African troops for Somalia
- Kenyan prime minister hospitalized for fatigue
- US attorney charged in Rwanda to travel to Kenya
- UN: Donors to give $9.3M on Somali piracy cases
- Five killed in Nairobi bomb blast
- Kenya asks US to lead int'l effort in Somalia
- Rwanda, Burundi expel Human Rights Watch workers
- Pirate on US wanted list arrested in Somalia
- Gunmen kill a WFP-contracted driver in Somalia
- Correction: BC-AF--Africa-Albino Killings
- Kenya: Rwanda's most wanted not in the country
- Rotting roses in Kenya: Ash closures kill flowers
- 50,000 Kenyans living beside railway face eviction
- Kenya seeks return of citizen held at Gitmo
- US concerned about recruitment of Somali refugees
- Cleric: Kenya deports 4 Arabs, alleges terror link
- 5 Somalis die as Islamists fight government
- Somali official: UK couple to be released soon
- Somali Islamists ban UN food from rebel-held areas
- Somali journalists face death threats, kidnappings
- Kenya president, PM hold 1st meeting since dispute
- Kenya's top leaders to meet, defuse political jam
- US: Kenyan leaders need to talk to one another
- Kenyan prime minister suspends 2 ministers
- African body: Kenya illegally evicted group