KABUL - Both Pakistan and Iran are known to be supporting the Taliban, and they play out their antagonism against the United States on Afghan soil, with safe terrorist havens in Pakistani tribal areas being a major factor behind the latest suicide terror attacks in neighbouring Afghanistan.
KABUL - International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) chief General David Petraeus has ordered an investigation into claims that an army unit trained in psychological operations was told to manipulate American senators to get more money and troops for the Afghan war.
KABUL - The United States military is planning a significant repositioning of its troops that would reduce the number of bases in eastern Afghanistan, which was once central to its campaign against the Taliban and Al-Qaeda.
KABUL - Human Rights groups worry that Afghan government-run shelters will be disastrous for women and girls fleeing abuse.
KABUL - Golab Mangal, the Governor of Helmand province in Afghanistan, has said that the US-funded militia would be expanded in his province to strengthen its ongoing fight against the Taliban.
- Mutilated Afghan girl Aisha asked to face cross-examination or risk attacker walking free
- Human rights groups in Afghanistan shift focus from NATO to atrocities by Taliban
- Karzai asks foreign reconstruction teams to leave Afghanistan over ‘hindering governance’
- Planned Tehran march in support of Egypt protests will test Iranian regime: Opposition leader
- Afghanistan stoning victim’s father had sold her into marriage with relative
- ISI offered 1.5 million dollars to journalist to kill Indian envoy in Afghanistan
- Suicide attack kills six people in Kabul super market
- Afghan Police promise justice for couple killed by Taliban stoning
- Karzai left increasingly isolated post new Parliament polls
- Karzai accuses ‘foreign hands’ of forcing him to open Afghan parliament
- Deal between Karzai, lawmakers over parliament session initiation is ‘uncertain’
- Afghan Govt. accuses US linked private security firms of committing “major offences”
- Karzai agrees to dump ‘parliament session delay’ plans over constitutional crisis fears
- Karzai needs to be reminded of his ‘constitutional role’ as President, not uncrowned king: NYT
- Afghan peace dialogue talk “propaganda of occupation forces”: Taliban commander
- Afghanistan, partners may approve ‘Army-police forces’ surge plan
- Taliban prepared to withdraw ban on girls’ education in Afghanistan: Education Minister
- Biden repeats ‘do more’ mantra for Pak on terror
- Biden says US troops could stay in Afghanistan beyond 2014 if asked
- Afghanistan will not hold peace jirga with Pakistan: Rabbani
- US Vice President to visit Pakistan
- US Vice-President Biden in Afghanistan on two-day visit
- India confident of Afghanistan providing security to diplomatic missions: Krishna
- Afghan Taliban attacks elderly truce talks negotiator
- Russia recruits ex-criminals to fill vacant posts in Interior Forces
- Karzai’s spokesman to resign soon
- NATO confirms killing of Taliban Deputy Governor in Afghanistan
- Afghan peace delegation to visit Pakistan
- Afghan Air Force to deploy airborne surveillance system soon
- Year 2011 seen as make-or-break year for coalition forces in Afghanistan
- Coalition forces have killed Taliban leader Mullah Bahador
- Grenade attack kills child, wounds six in Kandahar
- Roadside bomb kills 14 civilians in Helmand
- New Parliament could worsen ethnic, Pashtun tensions in Afghanistan
- Karzai urges Pakistan to ‘eliminate terrorists’