NEW DELHI - Wearing their sexuality on their sleeves, lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders (LGBT) brandished rainbow-coloured flags, held banners and swayed to drum beats with pride at the third edition of the Delhi gay parade Sunday.
LONDON/BEIJING - China has called for emergency international talks over North Korea, even as Pyongyang is reportedly preparing its missile batteries to counter a joint military exercise by the United States and South Korea.
DAMASCUS - Launching the Syria-India Business Council to facilitate frequent and closer contacts between the business communities of the two countries here on Sunday, President Pratibha Devisingh Patil asked Indian businessmen to identify several avenues to involve themselves and contribute to Syria's developmental plans.
KOLKATA - Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) workers on Sunday staged protests against All Party Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq's visit to Kolkata.
- Afghanistan tops worldwide asylum seekers list
- ‘0.1 mn rupees needed to equip one Taliban combatant fighting NATO forces’
- Shia militias helping Haqqani network evade US drone attacks, cross Pak-Afghan border
- Indian national nabbed in northwest Pakistan suspected as terrorist
- China calls for emergency talks over Korea crisis
- TSA body scanners are tipping point for travelers
- Hindu statesman Zed nominated to “Think Tank” of Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Mirwaiz heckled at Kolkata seminar for ‘anti-India’ speech
- Captain of British n-sub relieved of command
- UAE sets two Guinness records
- Pak announces 10-million-rupee reward for spying against Taliban
- New WikiLeaks files ‘to reveal American criticism of Mandela’
- Brit-Indian bride was upset on her honeymoon flight to Cape Town, father claims
- US embassy, ISPR deny presence of US forces in Quetta
- 8 dead, 7 injured in cargo plane crash in Karachi residential area
- Vladimir Nabokov’s unpublished love letters released
- Balochistan problems cannot be resolved at gunpoint: Sharif
- Malik takes U-turn over quizzing Musharraf on Benazir murder case
- Handful of Argentines could recapture Falklands, says UK military brass
- Prince William has ‘no desire to become king’
- UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slot
- Another Qantas plane grounded in Australia following engine failure
- Pak Parliament, not PPP, to decide Blasphemy Law: Jehangir Badr
- Talks would lead to comprehensive peace for Middle East: Patil
- Couple says ‘I do’ for a record 85th time in 6 months!
- Gordon Brown weak, unstable: US diplomats told Obama
- Indian cultural fest enthrals Dhaka
- Transparency International won’t be allowed to work in Pak: Malik
- TSA pat-down rules ‘handing terrorists a victory,’ says privacy expert
- Coast Guard nabs Pakistani boat, fishermen for trespassing
- Dogs kill Pakistani girl
- Skilled worker is most respected professional in China
- NA committee seeks compensation from NATO for badly damaging Pak roads
- People with new money lack dining etiquette, says restaurateur
- Safe sex ‘Sexmas Survival Guide’ message enrages Church
- Huge cache of explosives recovered in Assam
- Jharkhand Police arrest Maoist, seize huge quantity of explosives
- Brit taxpayers’ �120K to give envoys posture lessons!
- US, South Korea begin joint military exercise
- Krishna launches Northern Railway line in Sri Lanka
- Fourth blast rocks New Zealand’s Pike River mine
- Mukherjee asks chartered accountants to apply accounting standards uniformly
- Queen’s pal complains of estate turning into ‘outdoor sex’ hotspot
- South Korea wary of North Korean guns during naval exercise