KABUL, Afghanistan - An airstrike and a raid by ground troops killed eight insurgents, including a senior Taliban leader who spearheaded attacks against Afghan security forces, NATO said Thursday as the war in Afghanistan entered its 10th year.
ISLAMABAD - The U.S. apologized Wednesday for a recent helicopter attack that killed two Pakistani soldiers at an outpost near the Afghan border, saying American pilots mistook the soldiers for insurgents they were pursuing.
GENEVA - On Nov. 14, 1996, armed men surrounded the Mugunga refugee camp in eastern Zaire and began shooting indiscriminately at its inhabitants as they huddled for safety or tried to flee.
As of Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010, at least 1,207 members of the U.S.
As of Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010, at least 4,424 members of the U.S.
- NATO strikes in Pakistan prompt rebuke
- NATO strikes in Pakistan, pushes ahead in Kandahar
- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,421
- 23 soldiers killed in ambush in Tajikistan
- Govt: 6 Afghan children killed by insurgent rocket
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,178
- Controlled detonation kills US airman in Iraq
- Recluse found to be UK war heroine after her death
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,176
- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,418
- Iraqi soldier fires on US troops, kills 2
- Gunman in uniform kills 2 US soldiers in Iraq
- Army: Chaplain is 1st killed in action since '70
- Mass grave holds soldiers killed in Tet Offensive
- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,416
- US solider killed in rocket attack in Iraq
- US solider killed in southern Iraq
- US military deaths in Afghanistan at 1,130
- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,415
- US military: US soldier killed north of Baghdad
- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,414
- US military says American soldier dies in Iraq
- Official: Death toll rises to 43 in Iraq blast
- New Zealand suffers 1st combat death of Afghan war
- First New Zealand soldier dies in Afghanistan
- Israeli army orders officers to protect civilians
- Italian group says executions on the rise in Iraq
- 5 soldiers killed in land mine attack in India
- Police say 4 soldiers killed in land mine attack
- Spain files warrants for US troops over Iraq death
- US military deaths in Iraq war at 4,413
- Yemen's army battles rebels in north; dozens dead
- Dying faces, body bags: How trauma hits a US unit
- Mass grave of communist soldiers found in Vietnam
- Church says funeral protests are protected