DAVOS - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak might have shown no sign of steeping down by appointing Omar Suleiman, the country's intelligence chief and a close ally, as his Vice President, but a majority of Arab executives gathered in Davos are of the opinion that the massive protests across the country would inevitably end Mubarak's authoritarian grip.
DAVOS - Yukiya Amano, Director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has warned that nuclear material may be falling into the hands of terrorists.
DAVOS - World Economic Forum (WEF) delegates faced a scare of sorts on Thursday when one of the hotels in which they were staying, reported a minor explosion.
DAVOS - World business leaders continue to see China as the engine of global economic growth despite the tremendous challenges it faces in shifting from an investment and export-led development pattern to a consumer-led one in the coming years.
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (GaeaTimes.com)- As countries across the world celebrate the International Human Rights Day on Friday, Navi Pillay, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights made an appeal to the Chinese government to released Chinese dissident and Nobel Prize winner Liu Xiaobo.
- Pope’s Condom Remarks Sparks Debate
- Rare pink diamond could fetch $38M at auction
- UN's Congo report could spur genocide trials
- UN creates investigator on freedom of assembly
- UN rights chief: Congo 'genocide' report unchanged
- US charges ABB subsidiary for Mexico dealings
- Palestinian rights groups slam Gaza vote at UN
- Israel navy halts Gaza-bound boat without violence
- Swiss minister's giggling fit an online hit
- UN experts: Israel flotilla raid broke int'l law
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges repeal of anti-gay laws
- WHO cuts global estimate for maternal deaths
- Kissinger urges regional engagement in Afghanistan
- 100 Swiss police can't catch retiree with gun
- US to push for UN expert on freedom of assembly
- Swiss train firm SBB made millions from ash cloud
- UN panel: minorities in Iran face discrimination
- Swiss death penalty campaign terminated
- Swiss campaigners hope to revive death penalty
- Teams set off on global 'zero emissions' race
- Minute's silence at Swiss parade for Duisburg dead
- Swiss drop Dignitas probe over urns in lake
- UN official: no overlap between 2 Israeli probes
- Swiss police say 2 German climbers die on Eiger
- UN chief wants human rights improvement from Cuba
- Justice: Los Angeles DA informed in Polanski case
- New documents show Swiss sought Polanski data
- Justice official disappointed over Polanski ruling
- Swiss reject US extradition request for Polanski
- Swiss to make announcement in Polanski case
- Swiss to make Polanski announcement Monday
- Solar plane lands after completing 24-hour flight
- Solar plane takes off for 24-hour test flight
- Swiss official: Polanski decision expected soon
- UN food agency: Niger now an 'emergency operation'