QUITO - Equador's capital city Quito has been recognised by Unesco as the "Latin American Capital of Culture 2011" - a title that is expected to see an increase in tourist flow this year.
QUITO, Ecuador - A lawyer for Ecuadorean police officers under investigation for last week's uprising that led to five deaths said Friday that his clients are being swept up in a "witch hunt." Attorney Patricio Armijos, who is representing more than 50 agents, said the legal process is plagued with imprecisions and based on suspicions.
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's interior minister says 46 police officers have been detained for alleged participation in the police revolt against President Rafael Correa that claimed five lives.
QUITO, Ecuador - One of two known survivors of a drug gang's massacre in northern Mexico of 72 undocumented Central and South American migrants said in an interview broadcast Thursday that they were killed because they refused to work for the traffickers.
QUITO, Ecuador - One of two known survivors of a drug gang's massacre in northern Mexico of 72 undocumented Central and South American migrants urged others in an interview broadcast Thursday not to attempt the journey to the United States.
- In pact, Ecuador vows no oil drilling in preserve
- Clinton says Iran sanctions will be toughest ever
- Ecuador panel blames 2/3 of abuses on '80s leader
- Writers at Ecuador state paper claim censorship
- Canadians rescued from grounded yacht in Galapagos
- Ecuador president says cops overreacted to insult
- Report: Coins, jewelry wash onto Ecuador beach
- Ecuador prez: US extremists plot to destabilize