SEOUL - South Korea has finally agreed to hold talks with North Korea following several entreaties from the latter to discuss escalating tensions on the Korean peninsula.
SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (GaeaTimes.com)- Lee Myung-bak, the president of South Korea arranged for emergency meetings with the country's top security and economic experts post the attack of North Korea.
SEOUL - A gift of a box of fruit from an elderly South Korean man to US President Barack Obama's daughter sparked a full-scale security alert at the G-20 summit in Seoul, local media reported.
GYEONGJU - Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said International Monetary Fund (IMF) reform that will see emerging markets given increased voting rights and board seats will be start in 2013.
GYEONGJU - India is expected to press for intensive engagement to amicably resolve the currency war at the G-20 meeting of finance ministers beginning at Gyeongju, South Korea today.
- Mukherjee meets Canadian counterpart in Gyeongsang
- Gates says US-Seoul alliance strong on North Korea
- NKorean official confirms Kim Jong Un as leader
- NKorea media say Kim Jong Un joins father at drill
- NKorea prints photo of heir apparent Kim Jong Un
- Inter-Korean military talks end with no progress
- 2 Koreas hold first military talks in 2 years
- South Korea says 2 Koreas to hold military talks
- South Korea says two Koreas to hold military talks
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il’s youngest son ‘made military general’
- 2 Koreas meet to arrange split families' reunions
- US officials: Korea warship attack an 'act of war'
- NKorea calls for probe with US into ship sinking
- US envoy says pursing talks, sanctions on NKorea
- US officials to discuss NKorea impasse in Asia
- Antony meets South Korean President Lee Myung-bak in Seoul
- US, SKorea to hold further naval drills
- U.S.-Korean joint military drill announced during Antony’s Seoul visit
- India, South Korea ink two MOUs to boost defence cooperation
- American imprisoned in N. Korea returns to Boston
- NKorea: Ex-President Carter arrives in Pyongyang
- Reports: Ex-President Carter en route to NKorea
- NKorea deploying troops, weapons near Pyongyang
- NKorea calls for Japanese apology and reparation
- Beijing: China's top nuclear envoy visited NKorea
- NKorea confirms it seized South fishing boat, crew
- Correction: Japan apology story
- NKorea rejects SKorean unification proposal
- US officials visited detained American in NKorea
- SKorea, US launch war games despite NKorea threat
- SKorea leader urges North to halt provocations
- SKorean fashion designer Andre Kim dies at age 74
- SKorea probing if NKorea deliberately sent mines
- SKorean Red Cross urges NKorea to free fishermen
- Japan apologizes to SKorea for colonial rule