HARTFORD, Conn. - Michael Melia, a correspondent for The Associated Press in San Juan, Puerto Rico, has been named administrative correspondent for the news cooperative in Hartford, where he will oversee news operations in Connecticut.
HAVANA - When Fidel Castro suddenly decided to shed his trademark olive green military fatigues and don street clothes in public for the first time in 35 years, a white guayabera shirt over blue slacks is what he put on.
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - A government official in the U.S.
HAVANA - Fidel Castro gave his longest speech since illness forced him from power four years ago, but limited his comments on Tuesday to describing Cuba's past and avoided any mention of the tumultuous economic changes the country is embarking on under his brother's leadership.
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A Dominican foreman fatally shot a Haitian worker during an argument over pay, touching off racial clashes Sunday at a construction site that killed a Dominican worker and injured another, police said.
- PR extends deadline for voiding birth certificates
- Wife of detained US contractor visits him in Cuba
- Fidel Castro meets with Japanese activists
- Cuban minister recalls NY Malcolm X-Castro meeting
- Germany takes in 2 ex-Guantanamo inmates
- Soca king Alphonsus 'Arrow' Cassell dies at 60
- Bahamas Jaws Beach boater likely found in shark
- Castro discusses 'nuclear winter' with US academic
- Cuba's leaders lay out details for layoffs
- New hospital announced near Haiti's capital
- Cuban dissident: Castro should be tried
- Barbados' leader returns to US, cites ill health
- Iranians unaware Castro has taken up their cause
- Bahamas: Human remains found in shark's belly
- Report: Castro blasts Ahmadinejad as anti-Semitic
- Anguilla airport cancels night flights due to Earl
- Fidel Castro dusts off military uniform
- New photos show Fidel Castro with US journalist
- Cuba's Fidel Castro gives new details of illness
- UN to monitor free school meals in DomRep
- Spain says US to take Cuba prisoners
- JetBlue flight diverted over unruly passenger
- Cocaine seized from boat near PRico; 2 detained
- Bahamas to send 57 Haitian migrants back home
- Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson helps in Haiti
- Wyclef resigns from charity before Haiti campaign
- Castro accuses US of torture in 'Cuban Five' case
- President Wyclef? Ex-Fugee mulling Haiti campaign
- Cuba: Fidel Castro visits town outside Havana
- Cuba sets shake-up for powerful health minister
- Haiti union calls for anti-government strike
- AirTran to start Dominican Republic flights
- Guantanamo detainees sent to Algeria, Cape Verde
- Cuban dissidents claim they were misled by Spain
- UN chief wants human rights improvement from Cuba