NAIROBI, AFRICA (GaeaTimes.com)- Legendary tennis player Martina Navratilova's attempt to climb the tallest mountain in Africa namely Mount Kilimanjaro turned out to be partially successful as she had to quit the ride midway owing to health problems.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Somalia's most powerful militant group is teetering on the brink of a major split because of a rift between its top two leaders, a feud that could erode the size and strength of the al-Qaida-aligned group.
EL-FASHER, Sudan - Members of the United Nations Security Council have confronted Darfur authorities over their inability to protect local residents in a region that has witnessed mass atrocities over the last decade.
NEW DELHI - The pool water is clean, but the toilets in the aquatic venue are blocked.
KINSHASA, Congo - Congolese police say a grenade has killed five children in a small village in volatile eastern Congo.
- S.Sudan police prepare for possibly volatile vote
- Clashes in Somalia's capital leave 4 dead
- Ethiopian officials release opposition leader
- Security Council embarks on Sudan peace mission
- Nigeria ex-militant leader fears for his life
- US helps Sudan town move past 'hungriest place'
- At least 5 killed in fighting in Somalia's capital
- At least 8 killed in fighting in Somalia's capital
- Sudan referendum registration to begin mid-Nov.
- Egypt backs Palestinian position on settlements
- Egypt rebuffs US concerns over human rights
- Egypt unearths 3,400-year-old granite statues
- Mandela charity ex-chief faces criminal charges
- UN's Congo report could spur genocide trials
- S Sudan president warns of violence over Jan. vote
- Explosion hurts 3 near ceremony in Nigeria capital
- Nigeria: Explosion heard near independence event
- Bin Laden: Relief body needed for Muslim countries
- AP names Quinn Afghanistan-Pakistan news director
- Sudan tribal chief threatens vote in border region
- AP Interview: Interpol head warns of Somali threat
- Al-Qaida group releases tape of French hostages
- Female mechanics overcome barriers in Senegal
- Agree to our terms or go, Mugabe tells investors
- UN rights chief: Congo 'genocide' report unchanged
- North Korean statues open wounds in Zimbabwe
- Semenya out of Commonwealth Games with back injury
- Guinea massacre victims' families unable to gather
- Sudan sets conditions for south independence vote
- Navy says 13 die during rescue of boat off Somalia
- No punishment 1 year after Guinea stadium massacre
- Whose helicopter? Attack on Somali coast reported
- Zimbabwe's president cancels Ecuador trip
- Opened flood gates in Nigeria displace 2 million
- US to boost ties with breakaway Somali republics