WASHINGTON - The State Department's inspector general said Friday that bomb-sniffing dogs in Afghanistan and Iraq aren't being tested properly and may not be able to effectively detect explosives.
BEIRUT - A television station run by Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group has aired a rare spot showing the group's reclusive leader emerging from hiding to plant a tree.
EL-FASHER, Sudan - Members of the United Nations Security Council have confronted Darfur authorities over their inability to protect local residents in a region that has witnessed mass atrocities over the last decade.
JERUSALEM - Israeli troops in the West Bank killed two senior Hamas militants, and a settler leader struck a rock-wielding Palestinian youth with his car Friday in disputed east Jerusalem as tensions rose over stalled peace talks.
- Israel signs contract to buy US-made fighter jets
- 3 dozen treated for dehydration at Md Obama rally
- Russia to return Iran's advance pay for missiles
- S.Sudan police prepare for possibly volatile vote
- Israel PM slams humiliating videos of Palestinians
- France warns of high terror risk in Britain
- US: Ahmadinejad trip to Lebanon is not a good idea
- Security Council embarks on Sudan peace mission
- Korean plane makes emergency landing in Istanbul
- Israeli rabbis visit torched West Bank mosque
- Opposition leader seeks referendum on Ahmadinejad
- Blind man barred from Dubai flight over disability
- Israeli army investigates video of dancing soldier
- Gunmen kill crime lab chief in northern Iraq
- Israel deports pro-Palestinian Nobel laureate
- Yemen boosts security because of al-Qaida threat
- US helps Sudan town move past 'hungriest place'
- Israeli court scolds Nobel winner
- Israeli judge scolds Nobel winner for propaganda
- Turkey aims for elections in June
- Sudan referendum registration to begin mid-Nov.
- Egypt backs Palestinian position on settlements
- Ahmadinejad calls for US leaders to be 'buried'
- Egypt rebuffs US concerns over human rights
- Egypt unearths 3,400-year-old granite statues
- Syrian leader holds talks with close ally Iran
- Israeli court rejects Nobel laureate's appeal
- Iran blasts US for latest sanctions move
- S Sudan president warns of violence over Jan. vote
- US envoy pressing to save Mideast talks
- Bin Laden: Relief body needed for Muslim countries
- Obama meets with freed hiker Sarah Shourd
- Hezbollah bars members from Hariri court interview
- Jimmy Carter lands in DC after hospital stay
- AP names Quinn Afghanistan-Pakistan news director