WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama called on China Friday to quickly release imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo, lauding the dissident as an "eloquent and courageous" supporter of human rights and democracy.
WASHINGTON - Two new members have been installed on the Federal Reserve, which has enormous power over Americans' pocketbooks.
NEW DELHI - Fears about unhealthy conditions at the athletes' village have abated and the venue preparation appears to be going smoothly, leaving athletes a few days to actually concentrate on their sports before the Commonwealth Games open on Sunday.
The 2010 Ig Nobel winners, awarded Thursday at Harvard University by the Annals of Improbable Research magazine: ENGINEERING: Karina Acevedo-Whitehouse, Agnes Rocha-Gosselin and Diane Gendron for developing a method to collect whale snot using a remote control helicopter.
JERUSALEM - Washington's special Mideast envoy on Wednesday was trying to wring an agreement out of Israel to bar new West Bank settlement construction and put foundering peace talks back on track.
- China warns Nobel official: Don't honor dissident
- Obama, Ahmadinejad trade barbs over 9/11
- Iranian leader defends 9/11 statement
- Obama, at UN, eyes Sudan, Southeast Asia tensions
- Nicaraguan official found with throat slit in NYC
- Obama presses for Mideast peace in UN address
- AP Interview: Gul backs Mideast nuclear-free zone
- Report: Turkish prez won't meet Israel's Peres
- Gridlock? Men with earpieces? Must be the UN
- Security Council to hold summit on peace
- Plan to upgrade, expand Detroit's Cobo Center OK'd
- Obama hosting Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel for lunch
- New media recognized in Pulitzer competition
- Small Va. paper celebrates journalism's top prize
- Quotes from 2010 Pulitzer Prize winners
- Va. paper wins Pulitzer for gas-royalties coverage
- 2010 Pulitzer Prize winners in journalism, arts
- 2010 Pulitzer Prizes to be announced in NYC
- Ask AP: Tiananmen Square, Obama's Nobel Prize
- OPEC insider: no change in output
- Saudi: no change in OPEC output
- Iran calls on OPEC to hold output target steady
- Obama gives away $1.4M Nobel prize
- Record 237 nominations for 2010 Nobel Peace Prize
- Fiat CEO: Alfa Romeo brand not for sale
- African Cup of Nations must continue
- Togo team leaves tournament after deadly ambush
- Togo team bus attacked in Angola; 9 hurt, 1 dead
- Togo soccer team bus attacked in Angola; 6 hurt
- Former NBC exec gets actor help for content studio
- Togo football team bus attacked in Angola; 6 hurt