GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - A Michigan artist has won the $250,000 grand prize for his work in the ArtPrize competition.
LOVELAND, Colo. - A Montana woman accused of taking a crowbar to an art museum display that has spurred protests and been denounced as obscene was arrested Wednesday on a charge of criminal mischief.
LONDON - The Tate Britain museum is to exhibit works being considered for this year's Turner Prize.
LONDON - Paul Gauguin is best known for his paintings of voluptuous Polynesian beauties lounging in tropical jungles with flowers tucked into their hair.
HARARE, Zimbabwe - The two North Korean-made statues were meant to honor a national hero but people were so offended because of Pyongyang's links to a blood-soaked chapter of Zimbabwe's history that one was taken down almost immediately and the other has not been erected.
- NYC exhibit unveils rich treasures of Yuan dynasty
- 125 YouTube videos shortlisted for Guggenheims
- Exhibit in Philly shows war through soldiers' eyes
- 'Cosby Show' artist Honeywood dies in LA at 59
- Vt. law gives Indian tribe hope for recognition
- Gallery shows both sides of Ansel Adams dispute
- Influential COBRA artist Corneille dies at age 88
- Bob Dylan's 'Brazil Series' on display in Denmark
- 6-month restoration ends of Van Gogh's "Bedroom"
- Search still on for van Gogh painting in Egypt
- Thieves steal Van Gogh painting from Cairo museum
- 6 works vie for coveted spot in Trafalgar Square
- 8-year-old painting prodigy is new art world star
- New Dali exhibition exclusively at Atlanta's High
- Protecting fine art against high temperatures
- Mass. humor contest draws world's cartoonists
- Lawyer: Negatives verified as Ansel Adams' work
- Painting at center of Caravaggio mystery unveiled
- Disputed Caravaggio painting unveiled
- 'Conan' painting by late Pa. artist goes for $1.5M
- Vatican paper: new Caravaggio may have been found
- Yale discovers Velazquez painting in its holdings
- Rome to honor Caravaggio with rare night visits
- French scientists crack secrets of Mona Lisa
- Portinari painting stolen from Brazil museum
- Restored Da Vinci painting reveals hidden details
- Vietnam memorial statue of 3 soldiers restored
- Turner masterwork sold at auction for record price
- Richard Avedon photos headed to Paris auction
- Utah artist known for Washington painting dies
- Saatchi's gift to UK: 200 artworks and a gallery
- Napoleon's lock of hair sold in NZ auction
- Chinese modernist painter Wu Guanzhong dies at 90
- Picasso 'blue period' work sells for $52 million
- Manet self-portrait sold for record $33M in London