MADISON, Wis. - A company that provides electronic monitoring to track sex offenders, parolees and others said its system shut down after unexpectedly hitting its data storage limit, leaving authorities across 49 states unaware of offenders' movement for about 12 hours.
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - It was a crime tailor-made for arguments in favor of the death penalty: A career criminal participates in a night of unfathomable cruelty and terror that leaves a woman and her two young daughters dead in the smoldering ruins of their suburban home.
LUCASVILLE, Ohio - An Ohio man who bludgeoned his girlfriend to death and then stole her ATM card to buy crack cocaine apologized to the woman's family before he died by lethal injection Wednesday.
PARIS - France's Foreign Ministry is warning French travelers of a high terrorism risk in Britain, asking them to be watchful in public transport and busy tourist areas across the English Channel.
AUSTIN, Texas - He was the son of a veterinarian, the product of a middle-class neighborhood where families tend to their yards and keep to themselves.
- UT shooter described as intelligent, unemotional
- Gunman opens fire at UT in Austin, kills himself
- Police: UT Austin gunman was student, acted alone
- Iran says no decision on woman in stoning case
- Atlantic City considers street name for Nucky
- US soldier held in slayings of 2 GIs in Iraq
- Terrorist attack feared after '03 Jackson arrest
- Terrorist attack feared after Jackson arrest