BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - The head of a leading party running for election in Kyrgyzstan said Thursday that an incoming coalition government would likely sharply increase the rent for a U.S.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - A prominent rights groups says Kyrgyzstan's armed forces abetted and may even have actively taken part in deadly violence by ethnic Kyrgyz mobs against the minority Uzbek community.
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - Police in Kyrgyzstan have detained a brother of deposed President Kurmanbek Bakiyev, authorities said Thursday, in a morale-boosting victory for efforts to round up the former leader's entourage.
ALMATY, Kazakhstan - International health and rights groups say minority ethnic Uzbeks in southern Kyrgyzstan are being deprived of medical treatment and opportunities to seek refuge in neighboring Uzbekistan.
GENEVA - The United Nations says it has received reports of torture and other atrocities by Kyrgyzstan forces against ethnic Uzbeks in the Central Asian nation.
- UN, US officials visit site of Kyrgyzstan clashes
- Kyrgyz prosecutors exhume ethnic violence victims
- Kyrgyzstan: violence provoked by Islamic militants
- Kyrgyz authorities try to get Uzbeks to vote
- Rights group: new Kyrgyz raid on Uzbek area
- Kyrgyzstan to supply fuel to US base directly
- Rights group says Kyrgyz police attack Uzbeks
- Ethnic Uzbeks refuse to go home in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan charges rights advocate with incitement
- UN appeals for $71 million for Kyrgyzstan
- Interim pres: Kyrgyz violence likely kills 2,000
- Kyrgyz interim leader in Osh, vows to restore city
- UN: 400,000 now uprooted by Kyrgyzstan unrest
- Uzbek refugees trickle back amid relative calm
- Army hand suspected in Kyrgyzstan ethnic violence
- Heavy arms fire rings out in Kyrgyz south
- Kyrgyz violence showing signs of subsiding: NYT
- US dispatches envoy to Kyrgyzstan to weigh aid
- UN condemns Kyrgyzstan violence, calls for calm
- Uzbek leader: 100,000 massed at Kyrgyzstan border
- Ethnic rioting in Kyrgyzstan claims 117 lives
- Fresh ethnic violence erupts in Kyrgyzstan
- Uzbekistan says 75,000 refugees fled Kyrgyzstan
- Ethnic rioting spreads in Kyrgyzstan, with 80 dead
- Russia won't immediately send troops to Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan invites Russian troops to end unrest
- Ethnic clashes rage in Kyrgyzstan, 49 dead
- 12 killed in new wave of unrest in Kyrgyzstan
- 5 killed in new wave of unrest in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan: no talks yet on new fuel deal with US
- US stops refueling tanker planes at key base
- Kyrgyzstan unrest persists; 2 officials attacked
- Kyrgyz governor says new authorities in control
- US vows more transparency over base in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan offers bounties for fugitive ex-leaders