TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou has congratulated jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo for winning the Nobel Peace Prize and called on China to improve its human rights record.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama called on China Friday to quickly release imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo, lauding the dissident as an "eloquent and courageous" supporter of human rights and democracy.
NEW DELHI - The Dalai Lama has asked China to release imprisoned dissident Liu Xiaobo who has been awarded the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - The wife of a prominent Chinese dissident said Thursday she's worried about the safety of her husband, who has been missing since he was last seen in China six months ago.
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - The wife of a prominent Chinese dissident says she's worried about the safety of her husband, who has been missing for the past six months.
- Geithner presses China on currency reform
- US defense chief unlikely to visit China this year
- China says committed to EU recovery
- Repsol sells stake in Brazil unit for $7.1B
- Japan PM warns on China as 3 freed Japanese return
- China manufacturing gathers momentum in September
- China's media say 3 Japanese freed, 1 still held
- Copper at two-year high on hopes for better demand
- Pentagon says US-China military ties improving
- Beijing police raid gay spot, question dozens
- China warns Nobel official: Don't honor dissident
- Summary Box: Can Russia be China's gas supplier?
- NYC exhibit unveils rich treasures of Yuan dynasty
- China to stick with one-child policy
- Japan asks China to cover damage to patrol boats
- LA, Beijing to exchange ideas on solving traffic
- Japan PM calls for calm in Japan-China ties
- Obama, at UN, eyes Sudan, Southeast Asia tensions
- US: China, Japan should quickly settle differences
- Molson Coors completes $40M deal for China venture
- Manila officials face charges over hostage crisis
- US envoy says pursing talks, sanctions on NKorea
- Manila officials, police face hostage crisis raps
- US envoy: No quick progress likely in NKorea talks
- Foreign investment in China weakened in August
- Summary Box: Minn., Calif. govs woo China trade
- Summary Box: Metals get lift from banking reform
- New US, Chinese judges take seats on UN court
- Kissinger urges regional engagement in Afghanistan
- China: Japan trial of boat captain will harm ties
- Philippines says police might have shot hostages
- ANA setting up low-cost carrier, a Japan first
- Taiwan couples go whole 9 yards in mass wedding
- China's blind activist lawyer released from prison
- Australia, N.Zealand top charity index; US 5th