TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwanese President Ma Ying-jeou has congratulated jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo for winning the Nobel Peace Prize and called on China to improve its human rights record.
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the US alliance with South Korea is probably stronger than ever at this time of transition for North Korea's leadership.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama called on China Friday to quickly release imprisoned Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo, lauding the dissident as an "eloquent and courageous" supporter of human rights and democracy.
WASHINGTON - A new report says North Korea may be moving ahead with a program to enrich uranium to make nuclear weapons.
NEW DELHI - The Dalai Lama has asked China to release imprisoned dissident Liu Xiaobo who has been awarded the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.
- NKorean official confirms Kim Jong Un as leader
- Chinese dissident's wife worries about his safety
- Chinese dissident's wife seeks help finding him
- Geithner presses China on currency reform
- US defense chief unlikely to visit China this year
- NKorea media say Kim Jong Un joins father at drill
- Rollins at 80 still wows loyal jazz fans in Japan
- China says committed to EU recovery
- Repsol sells stake in Brazil unit for $7.1B
- Japan PM warns on China as 3 freed Japanese return
- China manufacturing gathers momentum in September
- US says its NKorea policy not 'personality based'
- NKorea prints photo of heir apparent Kim Jong Un
- Inter-Korean military talks end with no progress
- China's media say 3 Japanese freed, 1 still held
- 2 Koreas hold first military talks in 2 years
- Copper at two-year high on hopes for better demand
- Pentagon says US-China military ties improving
- North Korean statues open wounds in Zimbabwe
- South Korea says 2 Koreas to hold military talks
- South Korea says two Koreas to hold military talks
- Beijing police raid gay spot, question dozens
- China warns Nobel official: Don't honor dissident
- US watching NKorea succession maneuvers closely
- Summary Box: Can Russia be China's gas supplier?
- NYC exhibit unveils rich treasures of Yuan dynasty
- China to stick with one-child policy
- Japan asks China to cover damage to patrol boats
- LA, Beijing to exchange ideas on solving traffic
- Japan PM calls for calm in Japan-China ties
- Obama, at UN, eyes Sudan, Southeast Asia tensions
- 2 Koreas meet to arrange split families' reunions
- US: China, Japan should quickly settle differences
- Obama presses Mideast peace in UN address
- Obama to tout achievements at United Nations