Australia And Oceania
NEW DELHI - The pool water is clean, but the toilets in the aquatic venue are blocked.
PAGO PAGO, American Samoa - Chicken of the Sea International has transferred its closed tuna cannery in American Samoa to Bellevue, Wash.-based Tri Marine International.
NEW DELHI - The empty stadiums that marred the first day of competition at the crisis-hit Commonwealth Games may be filled by children and the underprivileged if attendance doesn't improve.
NEW DELHI - Australia's sports minister didn't get any VIP treatment at the Commonwealth Games athletes' village, having to stand for a pat down from security staff after arriving in an unaccredited vehicle on Friday.
LONDON - Paul Gauguin is best known for his paintings of voluptuous Polynesian beauties lounging in tropical jungles with flowers tucked into their hair.
- NZ rescuers cut rope to free entangled whale
- Australians set record for fastest stiletto race
- Boxer's bed collapses at India games village
- Indian games head sees improvement in conditions
- US military postpones 2 Guam buildup decisions
- Aussie newborn orphaned after parents die in crash
- Medical flight arrives in Antarctica for sick man
- Sick US man awaits medical flight from Antarctica
- Regulator opposes Virgin Blue, Air NZ alliance
- US military plans large-scale exercises near Guam
- Australia, N.Zealand top charity index; US 5th
- Australia, New Zealand top charity index; US fifth
- Flight with hole in engine also had damaged flaps
- Australian school drops 'gay' from classic song
- American Samoa approves ban on plastic bags
- Qantas flight returns to SF with engine trouble
- Qantas jet returns to Calif. with engine trouble
- US searching for remains of WWII Marines on Tarawa
- Nearly 400 StarKist Co. cannery workers lose jobs
- Summary Box: Australia mulls China investments
- Aussie psychic finds woman's body on hunt for girl
- Guam air base steps up security after bomb threat
- Stephen Wright named AP's Asia business editor
- New Zealand to name ridge for Everest conqueror
- New Zealand suffers 1st combat death of Afghan war
- First New Zealand soldier dies in Afghanistan
- Tonga to send 275 troops to Afghanistan
- NZ teen survives 16-story fall onto concrete floor
- Report: NZ boy survives 16-story fall
- Belgium buries Australian soldier 93 years later
- Belgium buries Australian soldier 97 years later
- New Zealand museum thaws 100-year-old Scotch
- Spider-infested ship turned back from Guam landing
- WWI troops found in mass grave reburied in France
- Tribe reburies Aboriginal warrior killed in 1800s