OSLO, NORWAY (GaeaTimes.com)- Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo who is presently serving a prison term in China, was declared as the winner of this year's Nobel Peace Prize by the Nobel committee on Friday.
BEIJING - China has warned the Nobel committee against awarding its coveted peace prize to a jailed Chinese dissident, the head of the Norwegian Nobel Institute said Tuesday A Foreign Ministry spokeswoman denied that China has exerted pressure but said that choosing dissident Liu Xiaobo would go against the prize's aims.
OSLO, Norway - An Iranian diplomat who quit his job at his country's embassy in Belgium says he will seek political asylum in Norway.
LONDON/OSLO - A Norwegian radio news presenter surprised her listeners as she announced that she is "quitting and walking away" and "nothing important has happened anyway".
OSLO, Norway - American historian Natalie Zemon Davis accepted Norway's 4.5 million kroner ($680,000) Holberg Prize Wednesday for her narrative approach to history.
- Stranded Norway PM turns to iPad to govern
- American historian wins Holberg Prize
- Norway doomsday seed vault hits 1/2 million mark
- Record 237 nominations for 2010 Nobel Peace Prize
- Record 237 nominated for 2010 Peace Nobel
- Israeli Nobel nominee asks panel to disregard him
- Nobel laureate Ebadi says Iran opposition strong
- Chinese, Russian activists nominated for Nobel
- Norwegian, American celebrate successful ski across Antarctic
- China won't send delegate to Mr. Gay pageant
- Last Kon-Tiki crew member dies at age 92