ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - One of ballooning's most prestigious events is under way in Albuquerque.
NEW YORK - It's hard to imagine which event sounds more implausible: John Lennon's 70th birthday or the 30th anniversary of his murder.
QUETTA, Pakistan - Gunmen armed with a rocket torched 29 NATO oil tankers in southwestern Pakistan before dawn Saturday, the latest attack on the supply line for international troops in Afghanistan since Pakistani authorities closed a key border crossing amid a dispute with the United States.
NEW YORK - Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the nation's largest private employer, plans to end automatic profit-sharing contributions for its employees in a revamp of its benefits package that it says will give workers more chance to share in its financial success.
BRANFORD, Conn. - The FBI says a tractor-trailer that agents and police officers had surrounded at a travel stop on Interstate 95 in Connecticut is carrying no explosives.
- Official: Tractor-trailer surrounded in Conn.
- Official: Tractor-trailer with explosives stopped
- After complaint, ID activist's sign gets makeover
- Alaska moves toward legalized bear trapping
- LA-area bowling alley blaze sends up balls of fire
- Gap falls into online flap with redesigned logo
- Vt. man wins religious vanity plates case appeal
- Weekend search may help map Civil War site in Mo.
- Report says US bomb-sniffing dogs not up to snuff
- 'Gangsters' in police web banner look like Jay-Z
- Intel: US missiles kill 9 in Pakistan tribal area
- US Marshals join search for Whitey Bulger
- 1,674-pound SD pumpkin just shy of world record
- Bush tells Ala. audience he doesn't miss limelight
- Gates downplays quoted objection to Obama adviser
- Gates says US-Seoul alliance strong on North Korea
- FAA: Dangerous runway incidents down 50 percent
- Obama calls on China to free Nobel laureate Liu
- BofA halts foreclosure sales in 50 states
- Appeals court favors secrecy in Gitmo case
- 9/11 link to militant in Europe terror alert
- Report: NKorea seems to be moving on nuke weapons
- NATO: terror threat in Europe justifies Afghan war
- 1 step forward, often 2 back at Commonwealth Games
- Pakistan probes video of apparent army executions
- Firefighters put out small fire at Commerce Dept.
- Chinese dissident's wife worries about his safety
- Attorney: Bell offered severance to ousted manager
- Chinese dissident's wife seeks help finding him
- Michigan artist wins top ArtPrize award
- Spanish reporter gets Daniel Pearl Award in Mass.
- US won't participate in Guatemala adoption program
- UK university says it didn't radicalize bomber
- Israel signs contract to buy US-made fighter jets
- 3 dozen treated for dehydration at Md Obama rally