KANDAHAR - US Special Forces based in Afghanistan's southern Kandahar Province have confirmed the capture of a member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.
WASHINGTON/KANDAHAR - Soldiers from the US Army's Charlie Company recently spotted a D-cell battery hidden under a pile of rocks, a telltale sign of an improvised explosive device, or IED.
KANDAHAR - The Afghan government has failed to fill dozens of key positions in Kandahar, leaving an ineffectual local administration that U.S.
KANDAHAR - Commander of British Forces in southern Afghanistan, Major General Nick Carter, has said that a critical air assault has been carried out in Panjwai, a wide area that has served as the main base for the Taliban threatening Kandahar.
KABUL, Afghanistan - A massive explosion at a mosque in northern Afghanistan killed and wounded many people during Friday prayers, an Afghan governor said.
- 6 Afghan militiamen killed in NATO chopper strike
- Taliban commander, 7 others killed in NATO attack
- Karzai gives pep speech to Afghan security forces
- Pakistan say NATO airstrikes breach its air space
- NATO strikes in Pakistan prompt rebuke
- NATO strikes in Pakistan, pushes ahead in Kandahar
- NATO launches airstrikes into Pakistan
- Forces engage Taliban in key operation in south
- NATO: Taliban outnumbered around key Afghan city
- NATO: Taliban outnumbered around key Afghan town
- NATO says 6 Afghan insurgents killed in clash
- Gates visits US forces in southern Afghanistan
- Petraeus: Taliban retain momentum in some areas
- Taliban attack road crew in south Afghanistan
- US military sees heavier fighting in fall
- New Zealand suffers 1st combat death of Afghan war
- Insurgents attack NATO's main southern Afghan base
- 6 guards beheaded in Afghan bank heist
- Former Taliban spokesman captured in Afghanistan
- Taliban denounce Kabul meeting as sign of failure
- Insurgents behead 6 Afghan police in north: NATO
- Large blast in Afghanistan's Kandahar city
- Drones in Afghanistan suffer frequent system failures: Pentagon report
- Now, Afghan citizens turning voluntarily to Taliban for justice
- British troops to withdraw from south Afghan area
- Report: US overestimated ability of Afghans
- UK court rejects halt to Afghan prisoner transfers
- Afghans relieved at choice of Gen. Petraeus
- Afghan leaders warn against firing Gen. McChrystal
- Bulgaria to send more troops to Afghanistan
- Afghan leaders voice strong support for McChrystal
- Karzai seeks Kandahar leaders help and sacrifice in sustained operations against Taliban
- NATO: Developments now favor alliance war effort.
- General: Kandahar taking longer than planned
- General: Kandahar operation will take longer