WROCLAW, Poland - An al-Qaida-linked plot that triggered this week's U.S.
KOLONTAR, Hungary - An official says caustic water is being drained from an industrial reservoir near the one that ruptured in western Hungary and sent a torrent of red sludge into hundreds of houses and waterways leading into the Danube.
ZAGREB, Croatia - The Croatian state-run news agency HINA says Milka Planinc, who was prime minister in the 1980s in what was then communist Yugoslavia, has died at the age of 86.
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's arms manufacturer reportedly says it will return Iran's advance payment for the air defense missiles whose delivery was canceled by the Kremlin.
MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin received an unusual birthday gift Thursday from 12 female journalism students, who posed in lacy underwear and used sexual innuendo to create a calendar dedicated to Russia's macho prime minister.
- US official: terror alert kept as long as needed
- Russian president begins first-ever Cyprus visit
- Official: Toxic sludge reaches Danube
- Official: Sludge reaches Danube
- Hungarian premier visits sludge-hit village
- Turkmen activist allowed into human rights meeting
- Karadzic faces off with old adversary in courtroom
- Turkmen activists barred from human rights meeting
- Early results indicate split on Bosnia's future
- Latvian gov't wins election, painful reforms ahead
- US balloonists plunged at 50 mph, likely dead
- Radar showed US balloonists plunging at 50 mph
- Russia may not resume grain export until July 2011
- Court sentences Serb to 2 years in NY beating case
- Summary Box: Can Russia be China's gas supplier?
- NATO strikes in Pakistan, pushes ahead in Kandahar
- American wins dumplings at karaoke worlds
- Moscow-Nice run: Got time? Money? Take new train
- Slovakia plans to withdraw troops from Kosovo
- Soviet coup plotter Yanayev dies at 73
- Czechs to send more troops to Afghanistan
- Karaoke champs vie for fame, dumplings in Russia
- Karaoke's stars vie for fame, dumplings
- Iran criticizes Russia over S-300 missile deal ban
- AP Interview: Yanukovych seeks deeper US ties
- Russia bans sales of anti-aircraft systems to Iran
- Google's 'Street View' banned for privacy invasion
- French premier urges EU plan for illegal Roma
- Pentagon: Gates worried about Russian arms sale
- Autopsy: Defected Russian spy chief choked on meat
- Russia to boost Arctic research efforts
- Russia signs $3.7B deal for 50 Boeing 737s
- Web sites hint at possible Putin presidential bid
- Reports: Chechen separatist detained in Poland
- Russia, Norway OK Barents Sea border in Arctic