TORONTO - A Canadian-born visible minority man earns about 18 per cent less than a Canadian-born white man with similar education and experience, according to Simon Fraser University Indian origin economist Krishna Pendakur.
OTTAWA - The World Sikh Organization has expressed its disappointment over a unanimous vote in the National Assembly to bar the kirpan from all legislative buildings.
OTTAWA - Whistle-blowing web site WikiLeaks has revealed that a Canadian navy commander had warned about a collusion between Somali pirates and the transitional Somali government that's being backed by the West.
OTTAWA - The Stephen Harper government in Canada has expressed concern about ongoing developments in Egypt, and about what might come next, and whether it will lead to democratic reform or extremism.
QUEBEC - Four Sikhs invited to appear before a Quebec legislative committee to debate a bill that deals with the reasonable accommodation of religious minorities, were barred from entering the National Assembly building after metal detectors discovered that they were carrying kirpans.
- Now, families of Air India bomb blast victims ask for memorial in India
- Canada lists Yemen-based al-Qaeda group as terrorist organization
- Air Indian bombing kin unhappy with Canadian Govt. compensation
- Karzai’s half-brother lobbied for role in Canadian aid project in Afghanistan
- Food Storage Mission Starts
- Air India Kanishka bomber apologies to victims’ families
- Canadian troops could remain in Afghanistan beyond 2011: Defence Minister
- Air India crash victms’ families decry ‘demeaning’ Canadian Government compensation offer
- Air India bombing: Families shocked over 25,000-dollar compensation offer by Canadian Govt.
- If Pak had money to buy F-16s, why didn’t it have money for flood victims: Expert
- Graco Stroller Recall Issued
- Calgary’s Naheed Nenshi becomes Canada’s first Muslim mayor
- 1 step forward, often 2 back at Commonwealth Games
- Canada flight makes emergency landing
- United, Air Canada seek joint venture
- Foreign buyers see big opportunity in housing bust
- US and UN agency differ on airplane liquid ban
- US and UN differ on airplane liquid ban
- Government takes steps to close border post
- Pakistan plane lands in Sweden after bomb threat
- Pakistan jet evacuated in Sweden after bomb threat
- Pakistani plane lands in Sweden after bomb threat
- PIA plane evacuated in Sweden after bomb threat
- Netflix hires actors to pose as its Canada fans
- Official says Canadian detained in Libya can leave
- Air India bomb-maker convicted of perjury
- Summary Box: Green Mountain to buy Van Houtte
- Canadian company shuts down third oil pipeline
- Perjury trial of 1985 Air India terrorist bombing starts in Vancouver
- Canada's Eldorado Gold pulls Andean bid
- Goldcorp to buy Andean Resources for $3.42 billion
- TD Bank profit rises 29 percent
- Magna says shareholder appeal dismissed
- Maine climber found after 21 years in Canadian ice
- Titanic expedition shows off some crisp new images