Arts And Entertainment
BEVERLY HILLS - It was a night to celebrate, but the mood was subdued on the arrivals line at the GLSEN Respect Awards, presented by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network.
PYONGYANG, North Korea - A top North Korean official confirmed Friday to broadcaster APTN that Kim Jong Il's youngest son will succeed him as the next leader of the reclusive communist nation.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - A Michigan artist has won the $250,000 grand prize for his work in the ArtPrize competition.
LOVELAND, Colo. - A Montana woman accused of taking a crowbar to an art museum display that has spurred protests and been denounced as obscene was arrested Wednesday on a charge of criminal mischief.
PHILADELPHIA - The son and second wife of Teddy Pendergrass are locked in a battle over the late R&B singer's estate.
- Stewart asks donors to help restore National Mall
- Filipino flight safety demo is YouTube hit
- C'Wealth organizers may give away free tickets
- Tate Britain to show Turner Prize works in London
- Well-known Austrian architect dies
- Franzen's fixed 'Freedom' goes to UK stores
- Hose falls from Marine plane onto SD County house
- Dick Griffey, SOLAR Records founder, dies at 71
- Gauguin exhibit of major work opens at Tate Modern
- School near John Updike's Pa. hometown gets papers
- North Korean statues open wounds in Zimbabwe
- Study: Audio recordings of US history fading fast
- Former Jackson manager seeks financial records
- Opry returns to fixed-up digs 6 months after flood
- Cavalli and Armani go their own ways
- NYC exhibit unveils rich treasures of Yuan dynasty
- Traditional trumps trendy for the summer 2011
- Fashion greats remember McQueen in London service
- 125 YouTube videos shortlisted for Guggenheims
- Exhibit in Philly shows war through soldiers' eyes
- 'Cosby Show' artist Honeywood dies in LA at 59
- Vt. law gives Indian tribe hope for recognition
- Gallery shows both sides of Ansel Adams dispute
- Fashion's Night Out celebrates shopping nationwide
- Brazilian architect Niemeyer given Spanish award
- Influential COBRA artist Corneille dies at age 88
- Bob Dylan's 'Brazil Series' on display in Denmark
- 6-month restoration ends of Van Gogh's "Bedroom"
- Search still on for van Gogh painting in Egypt
- Thieves steal Van Gogh painting from Cairo museum
- 6 works vie for coveted spot in Trafalgar Square
- 8-year-old painting prodigy is new art world star
- SKorean fashion designer Andre Kim dies at age 74
- DIY fashion hits land of haute couture
- New Dali exhibition exclusively at Atlanta's High