Abu Dhabi, Oct 19 (IANS/WAM) Over 7000 poets from 30 countries including India took part in a competition for classical Arabic poetry organised by Abu Dhabi authorities.
KOLKATA - The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) plans to shift its eastern region headquarters from Jamshedpur to Kolkata, where they also want to set up an operational hub, an official said Tuesday.
NEW DELHI - The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, will arrive here on Wednesday on a nine-day State visit to India.
WASHINGTON - Shots were fired early Tuesday at the Pentagon, the headquarters of the US defence department, but no casualties were reported, authorities said.
NEW DELHI - Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday said that preference should be given to the production of biofuels as this would reduce country's expense for importing crude oil.
- Normalcy prevails in Kashmir valley, one injured in Baramulla
- 25 including 11 cops wounded in fresh Kashmir violence
- WikiLeaks founder denies imminent Iraq-war document dump
- Chidambaram appointed chairman of National Integration Council
- NIA files charge sheet against 16 persons in funds defalcation case
- Costa Rican Foreign Minister Salazar calls on S.M. Krishna in New Delhi
- UNICEF brings MGML course for Chhattisgarh school children
- Indo-US intelligence sharing improved after 26/11: Roemer
- A Delhi restaurant that offers joy of Assam
- Curfew re-imposed in parts of Srinagar, later relaxed
- Obama wearing a cap for Golden Temple visit is no issue: SGPC
- Central assistance to Bihar not a special favour: Advani
- Jharkhand police set up medical camp in Palamu District
- Roemer hints at Obama announcing US support for India’s UNSC permanent membership
- Meet the Pak female MNA who ‘graduated’ in 1996 through degree issued in 1991!
- Pakistan helped US in arresting Taliban leaders: Haqqani
- PPP brands Zardai-bashing Jang Group journalists ‘Indian agents
- Rural Kashmir has given thumbs up to education
- Mafia informant ‘dissolved in acid’ by ex-boyfriend
- Brit woman found guilty of abusing 5-month-old baby while beau took pics
- Kilimanjaro climbers ‘putting their health at risk’
- Ancient Egyptian priest’s tomb discovered in Giza
- Mum jailed for prostituting teenage daughter in Sydney
- Men ‘more likely to rate technology as a necessity of life than women’
- ‘The Gruffalo’ tops children’s favourite books list
- Hindus laud Pope for telling seminarians to learn other religions
- Pak judiciary not at war with executive: Justice Ramday
- India “below today’s application threshold” in net services
- Meet the Big Apple mom, dad, and son, all born on November 1
- Buy Loch Ness instead of Angel Islington in Scotland’s own Monopoly
- People protest demolition of ancient temple in Andhra Pradesh district
- ‘Over 2 million Bengalis living in Karachi’
- Calgary’s Naheed Nenshi becomes Canada’s first Muslim mayor
- NATO aircraft violate Pak airspace yet again despite repeated assurances to contrary
- Communal clash erupts over a Gaya religious procession