JERUSALEM - Israeli troops in the West Bank killed two senior Hamas militants, and a settler leader struck a rock-wielding Palestinian youth with his car Friday in disputed east Jerusalem as tensions rose over stalled peace talks.
BEIT FAJJAR, West Bank - Six rabbis from West Bank settlements took a step Tuesday to defuse tension over an arson attack at a West Bank mosque, apparently by extremist settlers - they presented 20 new Quran books to replace those damaged in the blaze.
JERUSALEM - Israel on Tuesday expelled an Irish Nobel peace laureate and pro-Palestinian activist who was barred from the country for trying to bust the naval blockade of Gaza.
CAIRO - Egypt backed the Palestinians' refusal to negotiate with Israel as long as it continues to build West Bank settlements, even as officials urged Sunday for continued diplomacy to salvage the month-old talks.
JERUSALEM - Washington's special Mideast envoy on Wednesday was trying to wring an agreement out of Israel to bar new West Bank settlement construction and put foundering peace talks back on track.
- AP photographer wounded during West Bank protest
- PM wants Israeli troops at Palestinian border
- Israeli military says troops kill wanted Hamas man
- Abbas asks US to step into settlement dispute
- US artists support Israelis' settlement protest
- Israeli PM criticizes new Palestinian violence
- Israeli settlers to resume West Bank construction
- In sign of calm, Israel removes gunfire barrier
- PLO official says Obama sends warning to Abbas
- Settlers, Palestinians clash with rocks in village
- Israeli troops kill Palestinian at settlement
- Boney M asked to skip hit in West Bank gig
- Gaza flotilla has roots in pro-Palestinian group
- Abbas: Specific US assurances on borders needed
- Abbas: No point in direct talks with Israel now
- Israeli settlements cover 42 percent of West Bank
- Israeli troops filmed dancing on duty in West Bank
- UN: Israel dismantles some West Bank checkpoints
- Former Israeli Chief Rabbi Eliyahu dead at 81
- Groups protest Mich. student's denial into Israel
- Israeli prime minister to visit White House
- Israel to compensate settlements for slowdown
- Palestinians accused of funding jailed militants
- Israel to ease West Bank movement restrictions
- Masked men vandalize UN summer camp for Gaza kids
- UN says most Gaza war damage still not repaired
- Abbas: no progress in indirect talks with Israel
- Envoy begins new round of indirect Mideast talks
- Noam Chomsky denied entry to Israel
- Palestinians mark displacement in 1948 Mideast war
- Palestinian boy found dead in West Bank
- Palestinians take Gandhi’s path and win followers
- Palestinians ban sale of Israeli settlement goods
- Palestinians outlaw sale of settlement goods
- Hamas activist killed in Israeli raid in West Bank