UNITED NATIONS - To effectively maintain international peace and security, China will perform its duty as the rotating president of the UN Security Council in March in a fair, neutral way.
UNITED NATIONS - Millions of Pakistanis are 'still in need of assistance' as they recover from the unprecedented 2010 floods that inundated large portions of the country, senior United Nations officials have stated.
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (GaeaTimes.com)- As countries across the world celebrate the International Human Rights Day on Friday, Navi Pillay, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights made an appeal to the Chinese government to released Chinese dissident and Nobel Prize winner Liu Xiaobo.
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (GaeaTimes.com)- Pope Benedict XVI's recent remarks about the use of condoms has created a huge buzz in the media as some groups feel that the Catholic head's positive approach towards condoms could help fight HIV/AIDS even better.
UNITED NATIONS - Pakistan's noted human rights activist, Asma Jahangir, has been named as this year's winner of the Bilbao Prize- a UN award that recognizes "outstanding individual contribution to promoting the culture of human rights around the world".
- No nation immune to ongoing and evolving global threat of terrorism: Ertugrul Apakan
- Kashmir remains on UNSC agenda list for this year: UN spokesman
- Pak conveys its “strong disappointment” to UN over ‘US backing for India’s UNSC bid’
- 57 mn more men than women worldwide: Report
- Ban on production of fissile material ‘unacceptable’: Pakistan
- Pakistani general to lead UN force in Liberia
- India asks Pak not to allow territory under its control to spread terrorism
- India holds important stake in success of international negotiations on climate change, says Krishna
- Hasina for Bengali as an official UN language
- Common interests between China, US far outweigh differences: Premier Wen
- Africans ask UN to delay al-Bashir prosecution
- Obama, at UN, eyes Sudan, Southeast Asia tensions
- Obama tells Iran it must stand up on nuke program
- Obama presses for Mideast peace in UN address
- Obama presses Mideast peace in UN address
- Obama to tout achievements at United Nations
- Obama announces new US approach on development
- AP Interview: Gul backs Mideast nuclear-free zone
- Peres resists Gul's call for an apology on raid
- ‘International Ozone Day’ Celebrated In Bangladesh
- New Western concerns over Iran's nuclear program
- Ex-Chilean President to head UN agency
- Hindi Diwas Celebrated In Schools
- Official: Chile's Bachelet frontrunner for UN post
- Laura Bush promotes women's literacy
- Security Council to hold summit on peace
- Security Council renews mandate of UNIFIL
- Israeli envoy heads home after tough 2 years
- Pakistan thanks world for opening wallets
- US envoy says billions needed for Pakistan
- Iran condemns possible US military action
- Aid groups again denied access to Darfur camp
- Gaza panel will meet again next month
- UN chief defends his record fighting corruption
- UN names Israeli, Turk to Gaza flotilla probe