QUETTA, Pakistan - Gunmen armed with a rocket torched 29 NATO oil tankers in southwestern Pakistan before dawn Saturday, the latest attack on the supply line for international troops in Afghanistan since Pakistani authorities closed a key border crossing amid a dispute with the United States.
JERUSALEM - Israeli troops in the West Bank killed two senior Hamas militants, and a settler leader struck a rock-wielding Palestinian youth with his car Friday in disputed east Jerusalem as tensions rose over stalled peace talks.
CAIRO - Egypt backed the Palestinians' refusal to negotiate with Israel as long as it continues to build West Bank settlements, even as officials urged Sunday for continued diplomacy to salvage the month-old talks.
JERUSALEM - A U.S. envoy was shuttling between Jerusalem and Ramallah on Friday as part of an emergency mission to rescue Mideast peace talks facing collapse because of a spat over Israeli settlements.
BEIJING - Three Japanese detained after allegedly intruding on a Chinese military zone were released Thursday, but one person was still being held amid simmering tensions after ships collided near disputed islands.
- US pressing Israel to halt West Bank construction
- Israel navy halts Gaza-bound boat without violence
- Israel warship approaches Gaza-bound activist boat
- US Mideast envoy to return to region
- AP source: US Mideast envoy to return to region
- Activists expect Israel to stop Gaza-bound boat
- Jewish activists set sail for Gaza from Cyprus
- Israeli settlement freeze to end at midnight
- AP photographer wounded during West Bank protest
- PM wants Israeli troops at Palestinian border
- AP Interview: Gul backs Mideast nuclear-free zone
- Fighting between tribes in Pakistan kills 102
- China: Japan trial of boat captain will harm ties
- Abbas asks US to step into settlement dispute
- EU trade chief apologizes for Jewish comments
- Thousands rally for release of Israeli soldier
- India, China defense row heats up
- Palestinians riot in east Jerusalem neighborhood
- Taiwanese mark Ghost Month with colorful ceremony
- Gaza Mall sparks debate over Israeli blockade
- US opposes use of force in South China Sea dispute
- Court: Israel responsible for Arab girl's death
- Violence near Gaza border wounds 2 Israeli troops
- In sign of calm, Israel removes gunfire barrier
- No agreement on direct Israel-Palestinian talks
- Israel frees seized Turkish flotilla ships
- Report: US to sell Taiwan decommissioned warships
- Official: Gaza militant killed in Israel airstrike
- Israel approves new east Jerusalem apartments
- Israel warns Hamas after rocket fire
- PLO official says Obama sends warning to Abbas
- Israeli airstrike kills senior Hamas rocket maker
- Abbas resists push for direct talks with Israel
- Israel urges Lebanon to block ships for Gaza
- Boney M asked to skip hit in West Bank gig