OSLO, NORWAY (GaeaTimes.com)- Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo who is presently serving a prison term in China, was declared as the winner of this year's Nobel Peace Prize by the Nobel committee on Friday.
BEIJING - China has warned the Nobel committee against awarding its coveted peace prize to a jailed Chinese dissident, the head of the Norwegian Nobel Institute said Tuesday A Foreign Ministry spokeswoman denied that China has exerted pressure but said that choosing dissident Liu Xiaobo would go against the prize's aims.
MOSCOW - Russia and Norway have signed an agreement to delineate their border in the energy-rich Barents Sea, ending a dispute that has dragged on for decades.
OSLO, Norway - An Iranian diplomat who quit his job at his country's embassy in Belgium says he will seek political asylum in Norway.
LONDON - BP PLC said Thursday that it decided not to bid for a drilling license near Greenland, a move government officials there say may be due to its tarnished safety image after the disastrous blowout of a deepwater well in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Greenland police stop search for Norwegian hikers
- American historian receives Norway's Holberg Prize
- Airspace in Norway and Sweden shuts again
- A glance at flight disruptions due to volcanic ash
- Stranded Norway PM turns to iPad to govern
- American historian wins Holberg Prize
- Norway doomsday seed vault hits 1/2 million mark
- Record 237 nominations for 2010 Nobel Peace Prize
- Israeli Nobel nominee asks panel to disregard him
- Nobel laureate Ebadi says Iran opposition strong
- Chinese, Russian activists nominated for Nobel
- China won't send delegate to Mr. Gay pageant
- Moan of Norway wins Nordic combined; Demong 4th
- Last Kon-Tiki crew member dies at age 92