KARACHI - Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) founder-leader Altaf Hussain has called upon the Pakistan Army to save the beleaguered country.
KARACHI - Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has pledged to defend the democratic system in the country, saying that the ruling Pakistan People's Party (PPP) has a firm belief in the politics of reconciliation, and will never let democracy derail.
KARACHI - German Consulate employee Martin, who had slammed his vehicle into a parked police van at a traffic signal in Karachi in the wee hours of Saturday, has been released five hours after his arrest.
KARACHI - Pakistani police have reportedly arrested five militants, including a close aide of Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leader Baitullah Mehsud and a Lashkar-e-Jhangvi member, in Karachi.
KARACHI - US national Raymond Davis, who has been accused of murdering two Pakistani citizens, was assigned to protect a CIA team tracking militants in Pakistan, according to a British newspaper.
- Egyptian revolution will deeply impact other Middle-East nations: Jamaat-e-Islami chief
- Only MQM can bring Pakistan out of financial crisis, corruption: Altaf Hussain
- IMF warns Pak Govt. to enforce tax reforms or lose much-needed funds
- Three injured in explosions at rail tracks in three Pakistani cities
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan battling illness
- Pak probe team recovers ’spying equipment’ from murder-accused US official’s custody
- Twin blasts meant to create fear and panic in Karachi wound two
- Jang Group expresses “deep sorrow” over notice on Zardari’s possible remarriage story
- Multilateral donors halt budgetary support to Pakistan, seek IMF’s ‘Letter of Comfort’
- ‘Bold steps’ by Pak govt. might help in Aafia Siddiqui’s release, says sister
- Three NATO tankers attacked in Pakistan
- Karachi police arrests student on blasphemy allegations
- Hindu member of Pak Sindh Assembly flees to India for safety after getting life threats
- Sherry Rehman working on ridding Pak of fundamentalism through liberal resurgence
- ‘I won’t mind returning with ‘military uniform on’ to make Pakistan sovereign’: Altaf
- Karachi University clashes reflect Pak city’s demographic turf war
- Pillion-riding ban in Karachi extended till January 29
- Sherry Rehman vows to stay put despite death threats over blasphemy law reform stand
- Rapes assuming epidemic proportions in Pak’s Sindh province
- 7.3-magnitude earthquake hits Pakistan
- Pak Rangers nab 150 suspects as Karachi door-to-door operation ends
- Sindh Govt may launch “selective operation” in Karachi to curb target killings
- Pak people must make united effort to weed out terrorism from country: Altaf Hussain
- 435 people arrested in Karachi for violating pillion-riding ban
- One-week pillion riding ban imposed in violence-hit Karachi
- “Semi-curfew” to be imposed in parts of Karachi: Malik
- Committee to probe abuse of blasphemy law in Pakistan
- WikiLeaks a lesson to help recognise enemies, say Pakistani forum speakers
- Police detain 20 suspects as Karachi death toll rises to 27
- Jihadi media is booming in Pakistan
- Pakistan-China friendship going strong: Zardari
- Mammoth Pak rally demands Taseer assassin’s release, Blasphemy Law bill withdrawal
- Blasphemy Law bill should ‘immediately be withdrawn’ from Pak NA: JUI-F
- Now, fatwas demanding death for Sherry Rehman over Blasphemy Law softening stance
- PPP will honour Salmaan Taseer’s memory by continuing his mission: Bilawal Bhutto