DHAKA - Nobel peace laureate and micro credit pioneer Muhammad Yunus is facing calls to quit as Grameen Bank Managing Director.
DHAKA - A 14-year-old Bangladeshi girl, who was publicly whipped for allegedly having an illicit relationship with her married cousin, had bled to death, according to a fresh post-mortem examination.
DHAKA - The plight of a 14-year-old Bangladeshi girl, who was whipped to death by a village body for allegedly having an illicit relationship with her married cousin, has outraged her family who are now demanding strict action against the executers of the barbaric act.
DHAKA - Four people, including a Muslim cleric, have been arrested in Bangladesh in connection with the death of a 14-year-old girl who was publicly lashed.
DHAKA - Experts have rejected a US-based Microcredit Summit Campaign study that claims that work by the Grameen Bank and other institutions involved with microcredit, helped many Bangladeshi families to raise their incomes above 1.25 dollars a day.
- Bangladesh ‘death squad’ trained by UK police resumes extra-judicial killing
- Bangladesh gets new border force post-mutiny
- UK has no link with Bangladesh secret “torture” centres: Envoy
- Bangladesh protests alleged killing of youth by BSF
- Bangladesh govt.announces probe into Grameen Bank over diversion of aid money
- Pilot recalls bombing mission in 1971 liberation war
- Three dead, dozens injured in police firing in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Grameen Bank denies diverting millions of aid money to other projects
- Grameen Bank founder accused of diverting millions of dollars of aid to other projects
- Indian Kathak dancer performs at Dhaka fest
- Four women display paintings at Indian fest in Dhaka
- Indian cultural fest enthrals Dhaka
- Indian cultural festival to open in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh war hero to be buried with military honors on Monday
- Bangladesh empowers mobile courts to stop eve teasing
- Bangladesh students protest against rampant ‘eve teasing, sexual harassment of women ‘
- South India’s Kathakali debuts in Bangladesh
- Rabindra Sangeet exponent Kalim Sharafi dead
- EU offers Bangladesh 1.5 million Euro for regional counter-terrorism center
- Bangladesh Police arrests 11 for Indian enclave attack
- Dhaka, Delhi erect fences on border
- Dhaka not to send troops to Afghanistan
- Dhaka cautious about sending troops to Afghanistan
- Bangladesh to host its biggest art show next month
- US wants Bangladesh to deploy troops in Afghanistan
- ‘International Ozone Day’ Celebrated In Bangladesh
- Threat to Hasina’s life, warn intelligence agencies
- Report: 15 die from homemade alcohol in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh frees 1,000 prisoners to ease overcrowding in jails
- BSF killed 2 Bangladeshi cattle traders, says Dhaka
- Import doors open to improve supply position: Mukherjee
- Mukherjee lauds Bangladesh effort in tackling NE insurgency
- India, Bangladesh should strengthen counter terrorism cooperation, says Mukherjee
- India committed to assist Bangladesh in addressing development related priorities: Mukherjee
- 2009 Bangladesh Rifles mutiny leaves nation open to terrorist threat: Analysts